Monday, June 24, 2019

Digital Native or Immigrant?

If I had to define myself as either a Digital Native or a Digital Immigrant, I believe I relate more to the column of what defines a Digital Native. I was born in an era where my parents used pagers, we had dial-up internet, we had a house phone....(we still do), I was surrounded by the growth of the digital age. Learn more on the differences between a Digital Native and a Digital Immigrant here! I also cherish the generation I was born into because growing up, I feel as though I watched the world take such a dynamic switch from the computers we use, the cellphones we have, and even the smart watches we own. The last 20 years there was a complete switch in the way we use technology and how we access our media. I am grateful because the generation I grew up with we were able to easily adapt with the growing of technology because we didn't know of anything else. With that being said, watching my younger siblings now who are both 7 and 11 years old- they can hop around an i-pad waaay faster than I can, because it is all they are used to. To learn more, here is an interesting article on how screen time is affects a child's development... article here


click here

click me

Ted talk


No comments:

Post a Comment