Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Talking Points- Parent/ Teacher Communication Tool

Hey everyone, this is my very first time using the digital resource, Talking Points and it is also my very first time I tried out ScreenCastify!


Talking points is a digital tool that is great for teachers to communicate with parents who speak a different first language, or are not entirely proficient in English. Talking points has over 25 different languages to translate to. I have used applications such as ClassDojo or Remind in the past. These applications are great, but with families whose English is not their first language, translating isn't an option. I work in a district that celebrates diversity, as we have a lot of diverse families, so being able to connect with everyone clearly is very important to me. I believe parent engagement is directly linked to student outcomes, and parent communication is vital to student success. With that being said, language should not be a barrier between the two.


Take a listen

No comments:

Post a Comment